(St. Louis, MO) – Established in 2009, the Multicultural Leadership Society builds a platform to familiarize individuals with other key leaders in the region and prepare them for their role in serving our community. To date, the Multicultural Leadership Society has raised an astonishing $7 million, impacting innumerable people within our community and helping them live their best possible lives.
On June 10, Charlene Johnson ,Vice President of Business Development at Affordable Equity Partners and founding cabinet member of United Way Multicultural Society, was among the diverse business leaders asked to speak at the United Way Multicultural Leadership Society’s “Elevating Your Career: A Platform for Success” event held at Edward Jones South Campus.
“This event helped raise $16,000, providing resources and hope to those who need it most,” said Johnson.
Attendees left feeling inspired after connecting with some of these experienced leaders during two rounds of structured discussions:
- Joan Fernandez | Principal of Client Segments, Edward Jones
- Vincent Fitzpatrick | Assistant Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, Scottrade Inc.
- Charlene Johnson | Director of Business Development, Affordable Equity Partners
- Priya Kapila | Senior Manager, Compensation Consulting, CBIZ Human Capital Services
- Cindy Lerick | President & Executive Director, Cultural Festivals, Inc.
- Kit Sundararaman | Client & Market Insights, Edward Jones
Click here to view photos from the event.